Thursday, August 13, 2015

Choosing to Believe, Another Angle

"Now the reason they would not look is because they did not believe that it would heal them." (Alma 33:20)

When I read this I generally think: "Really? I mean really? That's ridiculous! This is so sad to me!"

And then I wondered... how often am I not willing to look because I do not believe.

Verse 21 continues: "if ye could be healed by merely casting about your eyes that ye might be healed, would ye not behold quickly, or would ye rather harden your hearts in unbelief, and be slothful, that ye would not cast about your eyes, that ye might perish?"

How often is this me? How often do I simply not want to believe because it sounds like work? How often do I not want to change myself, who I am, what I believe about myself because I don't feel like it?

How often will I not be healed because I don't believe?

I choose to live!

Believing is a choice!

I choose to believe!

And when I falter, I choose to believe that He helps my unbelief.

No comments:

Post a Comment