Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Happiness, Frustration, and Agency

"I am happiest when I live in a world where others get to make their own choices." This principle is so true for me!

When I write my own script for people it only leads to my own frustration. And naturally so, for "self-appointed expectations lead to self-induced frustrations."

With the greatest of ease my mind can unconsciously create these scripts and shoulds and expectations!

As such, it is an act of kindness to me when someone does not follow my script, for by so doing they shine the light of consciousness upon it, and I can see it as my own ill-imagined story.

If I am in frustration with others, it is likely that my mind is fighting against the reality of their agency. Guess which side will win.

No comments:

Post a Comment