Friday, March 21, 2014

Corinthians and Moroni on Charity

I wanted to do a comparison of 1 Corinthians 13 and Moroni 7 and their respective comments about charity. I'm not really commenting on this right now, mostly because it was a good bit of work to set up the table in blogger! But it's here for my reference later.

One thing I do like about this is that, it seems every row is worthy of it's own significant discussion!

1 Corinthians 13:1-8,13 Moroni 7:44-47
Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal. And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains,
and have not charity, I am nothing. for if [a man] have not charity he is nothing; wherefore he must needs have charity.
And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.
Charity suffereth long, And charity suffereth long,
and is kind; and is kind,
charity envieth not; and envieth not,
charity vaunteth not itself,
is not puffed up, and is not puffed up,
Doth not behave itself unseemly,
seeketh not her own, seeketh not her own,
is not easily provoked, is not easily provoked,
thinketh no evil; thinketh no evil,
Rejoiceth not in iniquity, and rejoiceth not in iniquity
but rejoiceth in the truth; but rejoiceth in the truth,
Beareth all things, beareth all things,
believeth all things, believeth all things,
hopeth all things, hopeth all things,
endureth all things. endureth all things.
Wherefore, my beloved brethren, if ye have not charity, ye are nothing,
Charity never faileth: for charity never faileth.
And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; Wherefore, cleave unto charity,
but the greatest of these is charity. which is the greatest of all,
for all things must fail—But charity is the pure love of Christ, and it endureth forever


 

No comments:

Post a Comment