Friday, December 11, 2015

Of Worldly Terrors

Are you ever amused when someone not of your faith insists you believe or do not believe some crazy thing, especially when they're waaaay off? I can't help but chuckle at it sometimes!

And yet such insistence can have significant negative consequence. So many Muslim leaders condemn violence, condemn terrorism, and promote peace while many outside insist that they must be a warmongering people because their religion teaches them to be.

[sarcasm]
Surely the leaders promoting peace are just being deceitful!

After all, there are verses in the Qur'an that radical Muslim groups interpret to mean "go kill everyone that doesn't honor Mohammad and worship Allah!"

Obviously all Muslims are out to mass murder everyone!
[/sarcasm]

ugh.

In reality, don't most religions preach in world dominance at some point? That God will destroy the wicked and all will bow before Him in some form of united belief system?

And don't such groups often have radical outshoots that try to take such a work into their own hands, justifying all types of gross injustices?

I appreciate someone who honors and accepts what I say I believe, rather than dictating to me what I must believe because of ___fill-in-the-blank-here____. Perhaps we could honor the lives of so many peaceful Muslims by respecting what they claim they believe?

Side note: I'm persuaded that Donald Trump trolls The Onion for campaign ideas.

Are there some radical terrorists who also are Muslims who would hope to get into the U.S. with the many refugees? Indubitably!

As for me, I'm more concerned about the subtle terrors of our current society than I am about any myriad of radicals bent on shaping physical terror.

It is the demise of the fundamental unit of society that poses the much greater threat.

The demise of a family does not always look like divorce, by the way. Perhaps even more often, it is found in families yielding up the roles and responsibilities it is meant to provide.

That there are masses cheering after Trump and his boorish blathering is yet another evidence to me that too many families have been derelict in their duties.

No comments:

Post a Comment