Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Purpose and Content

I have created this blog because I often wish to muse "out loud" about things that aren't necessarily appropriate for my family blog. This is my space to do so. I've had many times I've wanted to post to a blog such as this, so now I'm finally creating it.

The content of this blog may contain anything I think of: Religious, Political, Social, Technical, Whimsical, whatever. Sometimes I will post a resolution to some technical problem I was trying to figure out (I work in part as a Software Engineer, see). Sometimes I will link to things that made me think and post my thoughts. And who knows what else. I suspect even I will be surprised.

In full disclosure, I am LDS (a Mormon). I am (in my own mind at least) conservative in my political views but enjoy civil discussions with those who have different views. By "civil" I of course mean respectful, but also crucial is that the intent not be to win a point, but to gain understanding. I believe strongly in the principles advocated by the Arbinger Institute* and hope to ever integrate them into my life.

Regarding comments, they are welcome. I hope they will adhere to my definition of "civil" above. Unfortunately, I make no promise to respond. This is not out of disinterest, disrespect, or because I feel I can not adequately answer. It has everything to do with priorities and the finite nature of my lifespan. I have no desire to let my life get sucked away on it. (Part of why I'm not on FaceBook much: sucked-in-phobia.) Still, I do find it valuable and enjoyable so, if I get to it, I will be happy to respond to comments.

* The Anatomy of Peace, published by the Arbinger Institute. It's an easy read. I could not recommend it more highly.

No comments:

Post a Comment